Habit #1 - Be Proactive
Be Proactive means to take responsibility for your choices and behaviors. It means "I am in charge of my own life. I am responsible for whether I am happy or sad. I can choose how I react to other people or situations."
- I am in charge of Me! I make good choices..
- I am responsible. I come to school and prepare to learn.
- I have a positive attitude with all my peers and adults.
-I do not tattle on others.
-I do my work at school.
-I help others.
-I follow directions.
Habit #2 - Begin With the End in Mind
Begin With the End in Mind means to make a plan before we begin something. It means that we can set goals for ourselves and our class or family.
- I begin each day by being prepared and having a positive attitude. Then, I can tell my family that I had a great day!
- When I am doing classroom work, I think about how I want it to look when I am done.
- I think about my choices before I follow through with them.
Habit #3 - Put First Things First
Put First Things First means to work first and then play. It means that we get our activities done before we do our "extra" activities in order to accomplish our goals.
- In school, I do my work first, and then I can play.
- I do my homework first thing when I get home from work.
- I come into class each morning, unload my backpack, and get ready for the day.
Habit #4 - Think Win-Win
Think Win-Win means that we can find a way for everyone to win. It doesn't mean that we both compromise, it means that we come up with a solution that we are all happy with.
= I use my words when I am happy, sad, or angry.
- I share school materials and toys with my peers.
- I am nice to my friends, so we can all be happy at school and have fun!
Habit #5 - Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood means that we need to learn about the whole situation or the person before we try to tell or show our own side of the situation. In kindergarten, we talk about how we have two ears for listening and only one mouth for talking so we need to listen first before we talk.
- I listen to others before I talk.
- I listen to my teacher the first time. Then I do not waste time needing to near directions again.
- I listen to my peers feelings of anger, sadness, or happiness.
- I use my words to explain a problem, not my hands.
Habit #6 - Synergize
To Synergize means to work together as a team. We talk about how together is better because we can get more accomplished with more ideas when we work with others.
- I help my peers clean up toys because when we do it together, it gets done faster.
- I play with all my classmates in the room and on the playground.
- I am proactive and do my work first, and then help my peers (if the teacher says that is okay).
- I take turns with my classmates. Then everyone gets to be a part of the fun.
- I am a good friend and I teach my peers to be good friends to everyone too.
Habit #7 - Sharpen the Saw
To Sharpen the Saw means to take care of ourselves. We can take care of our hearts, minds, bodies, and souls by making positive relationships, learning, eating healthy foods, exercising, and participating in fun, healthy activities for enjoyment.
- I do my class work, so I can play with my favorite toy.
- I get all work done at school, or at home and then I can do what I like to do.
- I get a lot of rest. Then, I am ready to be the best me I can be at school.